Upper Wansbeck Churches Promoting a Safer Church
The Upper Wansbeck Churches are committed to abiding by the Bishop’s Policy Statement “Promoting a Safer Church”, which is based on five foundations:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture.
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the Church.
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
Priest in Charge - position vancant.
This Policy Statement is supported by more detailed Practice Guidance and reference documents which can be downloaded from: www.churchofengland.org/clergy-office-holders/safeguarding-children-vulnerable-adults.aspx